Let Our 30 Years Of Experience Work For You

Photo of attorneys Shelley Slafkes and Bruce Levitt
Photo of attorneys Shelley Slafkes and Bruce Levitt
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Bankruptcy FAQs
  4.  | How Can I Save My Home?

Taking Steps To Save Your Home

Individuals put a great deal of time and effort into choosing a family home. It ultimately represents part of your family history and is tied to important memories. When it becomes difficult to meet mortgage payments, saving your home may be your priority. We can help you achieve your goal.

At Levitt & Slafkes, P.C., our law firm works with New Jersey individuals and families to help them find debt relief solutions. Clients facing financial distress often ask, “How can I save my home?” If you want to discuss your unique situation with our experienced attorneys, call 973-323-2953.

Exploring All Options To Help You Keep Your House

There are a number of different methods that can be used to save your home. Each case is different, and some options include:

  • Foreclosure defense: Our lawyers can examine your situation to see if there is a legal defense to fight your foreclosure.
  • Curing a mortgage arrearage: Chapter 13 allows a homeowner who has fallen behind on mortgage payments to catch up on those missed payments over 36 to 60 months.
  • Stripping off a second mortgage: Stripping off a mortgage gets rid of it entirely. You may be able to eliminate a second mortgage on your home by filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
  • Mortgage modification: Many mortgage modification programs are available to help homeowners who are having difficulty paying their mortgage. Our lawyers are familiar with these programs and actively help clients every day secure modifications that have resulted in lower interest rates, extended payments and the addition of past due payments into the client’s mortgage.

We Are Ready And Prepared To Advise You. Consult With Us For Free.

Whether you want to save your home or avoid foreclosure through a short sale, foreclosure defense or other means, our firm can assist you. Contact us by filling out our online form or by calling 973-323-2953. As soon as you are having trouble with your mortgage, contact us.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.