Bankruptcy, Foreclosure Prevention And Debt Relief
At Levitt & Slafkes, P.C., we use a proactive approach to bankruptcy. We develop customized legal strategies that directly target your financial needs and goals. In doing so, we use the bankruptcy laws to put you on strong financial footing.
Our caring and experienced lawyers help people in Essex County and throughout New Jersey gain the protection of bankruptcy in a comprehensive variety of bankruptcy-related circumstances, including:
- Harassing letters and phone calls from creditors who call you at home and at work
- Lawsuits trying to force you to pay bills you cannot afford
- Repossession of your car or other items
- Having liens put on your house to ensure debts are paid
- Having your bank accounts levied by creditors
- Losing most of your paycheck to garnishment by creditors
- The threat of foreclosure looming over you and your family
In all of these situations, we can help put a stop to the fear and the uncertainty. By filing a bankruptcy, we can put a powerful legal tool in place called the automatic stay. Under an automatic stay, your creditors must stop calling you or taking any actions against you. If they ignore the automatic stay, our attorneys can take action against those creditors in court.
Types Of Bankruptcy And Related Issues
Our lawyers help people file for many forms of bankruptcy, including Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13. We also assist with a comprehensive variety of issues related to bankruptcy, including:
- Divorce: The intersection between divorce and bankruptcy laws can often be one that is unclear or even still developing from a legal standpoint.
- Business insolvency: Our office can help you understand how business issues do and do not intersect with your personal financial life.
- Life after your bankruptcy: We do not abandon you at the end of your bankruptcy. We help you prepare for the future.
- Restoring your credit: One of the ways we can assist in the future is by helping you understand how to restore your credit.
We also offer assistance to clients for whom bankruptcy alternatives present the best opportunity to protect their property and exercise their rights under the bankruptcy laws.
We Focus On Bankruptcy Law
Attorneys Bruce Levitt and Shelley Slafkes each have been practicing law for more than 30 years. We have helped thousands of clients obtain debt relief. We know that no single solution will accommodate every person’s needs. We take the time to gain a clear picture of your unique financial situation. Our knowledge of the law and the court system helps us develop a customized action plan tailored to solve your financial problems.
How To Contact Us
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.