Have you found yourself drowning in debt and ready to file a NJ bankruptcy in order to get a fresh start? Deciding which NJ bankruptcy attorney to work with is the next important decision you’ll have to make. It is critical to choose a bankruptcy attorney who is not only experienced and intelligent, but also makes you feel comfortable and communicates openly.
Below are a few tips on how to find the best NJ bankruptcy lawyer for you:
- Investigate the law firm’s reputation. Ask friends and family if they have referrals. The internet can also be a great tool for gathering information about a NJ bankruptcy attorney.
- Make sure the attorney has extensive experience in filing bankruptcy cases. Just because they can file your bankruptcy, doesn’t mean they have a lot of experience doing so.
- Ask questions and make sure the bankruptcy lawyer can explain the answers in a way that you understand.
- Make sure you understand the differences between Chapter 7, Chapter 13 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy and which is best for you.
- Talk to the bankruptcy lawyer about their fee for filing a bankruptcy.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel like you’ve found the right NJ bankruptcy attorney for you, you’re probably right.
- Hire a bankruptcy attorney just because they are the cheapest. You often get what you pay for.
- Feel ashamed or embarrassed to talk to the bankruptcy attorney. They should be there to help you, not judge you.
- Let the attorney pressure you into filing a bankruptcy case. A really good lawyer will explain all of your debt relief options.
Let Levitt and Slafkes Guide You Through the Bankruptcy Process
Hiring the best NJ bankruptcy attorney can reduce your stress, and make sure you get the best possible results from your bankruptcy.
We are NJ bankruptcy lawyers who know how to make a difference in your financial situation. We have experience you can rely on and we care about your results. Contact our New Jersey bankruptcy law firm online by filling out the form, or by calling 973-323-2953 to schedule a free initial consultation with Shelley Slafkes or Bruce Levitt
We are proudly designated as a debt relief agency by an Act of Congress. We have proudly assisted consumers in filing for Bankruptcy Relief for over 30 years. The information in this blog is for general information purposes only. Nothing should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.